In stock, ship within 1 business day
- 5.75" heels, 1.75" Platforms
- Dark Nude tone patent leather
- Light weight, performs amazingly on stage and runways
- New hook-on buckle allows you to change shoes quickly during the shows.
- Medium Width, run true to size.
ROOPA MODHA - Style Spokesperson
"Every Defang shoe tells a story & let’s each woman wearing it let her own persona shine. What I love about the Marc Tops – especially the Dark Nude ones, is how sleek and elegant the design is. The Dark Nude shoes are multipurpose, comfortable, and versatile. They readily complement any outfit. If there is one shoe a girl must definitely have, I can confidently say, it is this one!"
In Indian languages, the name Roopa means “blessed with beauty” or “colorful” (which people say captures her personality perfectly!) Roopa believes in service and has always made philanthropy a focus in her life. Professionally, she is an Attorney (founded solo intellectual property law and entertainment law practice in 2015), Emcee (has emceed international reality shows), Author (2 books published thus far, more to come), Illustrator, Blogger (Editor-in-Chief since 2010), Pageant Queen, Model, Lyricist, Dancer, Web Comic Artist (Erratic Beat Comics), Journalist, Movie/Book/Music Reviewer, PR and Marketing Director for Films, Celebrity Interviewer and Manager, and TV Host
Recent Pageant Titles and Awards:
- Ms. Women of Service Northeast 2018
- Ms. USA Northeast 2018
- Ms. Royal America 2018 1st Runner Up
- Ms. Royal America 2017 - Perfect Score (100%) in Interview round
- Ms. Woman of Achievement International 2017
- Ms. Woman of Achievement International 2017 Platform Winner
- Ms. Woman of Achievement International 2017 – Businesswoman of the Year
- Ms. Woman of Achievement International 2017 – Evening Gown “1st Place Competition Placement”
- Ms. Woman of Achievement International 2017 – Talent/Speech “1st Place Competition Placement“
- Ms. Woman of Achievement International 2017 – Interview “1st Place Competition Placement”
- Ms. Woman of Achievement International 2017 – Life Philosophy “1st Place Competition Placement”
- Ms. Woman of Achievement India-America 2017
- Ms. East Coast America 2015
Some Recent Awards / Achievements:
- 2017 – Presidential Service Gold Award for having done over 500 hours of volunteer work
- 2017 – Foundations TV Award for Philanthropy
- 2017 – Recipient of Malta House’s “Wonder Women” Award – honors “Women Who Are Changing The World”; 1 of 8 honored; youngest honoree
- 2017 – Published author (wrote on girls’ education) in an international UN sponsored magazine
- 2017 – Wrote lyrics to the song, “I Rise” by Agents of Harmony – proceeds to girls’ education
- 2017 – Founded Music Label Modhavation Music
- 2017 – Wrote and illustrated the children’s book, “The Fish Who Wanted To Go To School” – proceeds to girls’ education
- 2017 – Ambassador/Social Media Coordinator for Indian Dreams Foundation - Received Official Statement from Governor Dannel P. Malloy for youth achievement
- Received Official Citation from Connecticut Attorney George Jepsen for youth achievement
- Received Certificate of Special Recognition from US Senator Richard Blumenthal
- Received Citation from US Congressman Jim Hines
- Received Proclamation from Mayor David R. Martin
- 2016 – Youth Achievement Award recipient from GOPIO-CT for her “outstanding work in law, media, and beyond.”
- 2016 – Recognized as a ‘changemaker’ at the Obama White House’s United State of Women Summit in D.C.
- 2016 – Roopa attended a NASA summit for women in computer science in D.C.
- 2015 – Became Ambassador for Girl Rising – chosen for advocacy done for women’s rights and girls’ education
- 2015 – Guest Speaker at the Consulate General of India, New York on a summit on Water Sustainability
- 2015 – Chosen as a speaker at the Lead India 2020 summit
- 2015 – Became the Official Attorney for Connecticut Fashion Week
- 2015 – Founded “Roopa Modha Law & PR, LLC” – solo law firm focused on intellectual property law and entertainment law
- 2015 – Invited to perform an Indian dance at a lawyers reception for Judge Sri Sreenivasan (of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit)
- 2014 – Walked at Delaware Fashion Week
- 2014 – CWEALF “40 Women For The Next 40 Years” recipient – the award recognizes women who will make a difference in the world who have “demonstrated exemplary leadership, potential to excel, and a commitment to their community.”
- 2010-2011 – Sole recipient of the Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Scholarship for excellent in intellectual property law
- Doctorate in Jurisprudence / Law (JD) – from University of Connecticut School of Law (UConn Law)
- Received additional certificates in Intellectual Property Law and Tax Law – a combo rarely attempted (UConn Law)
- Received special notation for 100+ Pro Bono Free Legal Service Hours (UConn Law)
- B.S. (Honors) in Health: Science, Society, and Policy from Brandeis University
- A.S. (Honors) in Computer Information Systems, Programming
- Commencement speaker at all three graduations!
- Has organized and moderated many panels on social issues like domestic violence, women’s rights, discrimination in the workplace, etc.
- Has been President of Several clubs – including honor societies - Has been a writer for newspapers ever since college
- Has won many awards for dance - Is trained in ballet, tap, jazz, bharat natayam, kuchipudi, odissi, Bollywood, Zumba